Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Suprise!

My husband, being the spontaneous person that he is, decided to surprise me with a family trip to Mexico two days after Christmas! Seven days+10 month old baby=ARE U INSANE!, I mean "thank you honey, how sweet! I think it is really sweet that he planned it(he never plans anything, gotta start somewhere right?:) , I just am being a practical mom and am stressing over it already. We are going with his brother and wife and their two daughters, so we are going to help each other out with the kids, but I think I will need a vacation from the vacation. All these things keep running through my mind, "what is he going to eat?", "how will I pack all his food and toys?", "what if he gets sick?".. I know, I know, I am worrying to much, I need to just deal with it and have fun....right? The anxiety is fading and I feel safe in knowing that I have a wonderful husband that is a great father and is really a hands on dad. Lucas loves the outdoors and the ocean. I know that he will have a blast! We had to go to the PO and get his passport, how cute is that? He smiled so big for the camera, I can't wait to see that one.
My mom is coming in tomorrow and is watching Lucas on Friday. I am going to Branson with work. Doing some shopping and just hanging out with my friends. It will be nice to get some x-mas shopping done and just have a break. I will miss my little buddy though!

3 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain! We took bailey with us to Sanibel Island when she was 10 months and although we went with C's entire family it was incredibly stressful. We had just sort of cemented her schedule (sleeping and eating) and she got completely thrown off so she was fussy the entire trip. She was crawling but the sand was too hot to put her down and she wouldn't stay put on the towel so we stayed at the pool most of the time. The salt water+sand+wet bathing suit gave her HORRIBLE diaper rash. It took her weeks to go back to sleeping through the night b/c she stopped while we were there and being exhausted we started giving her bottles in the middle of the night again. She took 2 naps a day so someone was always in the condo with her it seemed like.

BUT!

I got amazing photos I cherish to this day of her first toe dip in the ocean! And we have lots of funny stories to share with her later!

Good luck... :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...she could have saved that story until you got back! ha ha! JK!
You are going to have an amazing time and think about all of the place you have taken Lucas already and he has done so well!
Way to go Billy!!

Unknown said...

Way to go Billy!!! Well you deserve the vacation and you know it will all work out! You just need to try to relax but I know you and you just want to make sure you cover everything...that is why you are such a good mom!