Thursday, June 25, 2009

First day was a semi-success

Today was Lucas' first day at daycare, we just had him go this morning for a half day. When we arrived he was very excited and ran right in the room to the toys. In the mean time I talked with the teacher and gave them all his supplies to stock his cubicles. He was so busy that I choose to sneak out while he wouldn't notice. They said it took him about ten minutes to figure out that I was gone, there were a few tears but he did awesome. They said he had a couple sad moments, but they kept him distracted. Once he found his blanket he just walked around and explored everything. When I went to pick him up, they were all sitting around the little table eating lunch. It was so cute, when he seem me walk in he just smiled and jabbered to me. He was like "look at me mom, this is so cool". I am taking him in for another half day tomorrow and his first full day will be Tuesday. I love the staff and his teacher Ms Katie is so sweet. They all think he is so funny and very animated.
I got the apartment cleaned, all but the vacuuming and toilets. I forgot the smell good carpet stuff and the toilet scrubber. I have to wait for the phone guy tomorrow,so plenty of time for that then. I unpacked the kitchen and got everything organized. I will take another car load out tomorrow, clothes and all that stuff. The dogs were with me today because our buyer had her final walk through. They were a bit nervous, pacing around. Stanley peed on the floor and Blue pooped. How wonderful, it is going to be a long four months.
Still no word from the CPA, but no news is good news. Drove by the new house today and they are framing the walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet his face was priceless when you walked in to get him from daycare. He missed him mommy...so cute! Glad to hear the house is coming along and you are getting started on the appartment.