Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My other babies:(



I feel so bad sometimes, I never talk about my dogs anymore! Before Lucas they WERE my babies and talking about them on a daily basis was the norm. They have adjusted well with the baby, Stanley more then Blue. Which was the opposite of what I expected, but the more I thought about it I see why. Blu was my baby, she slept with me every night, where as Stan liked his crate and didn't like to snuggle so much. Blu was by my side every night under the covers, head on pillow and all. About 3 months into the pregnancy I thought it was time to break the habit, which I think was harder on me then on her. I got her a nice cushy dog bed and laid it next to my bed. Every night at bedtime she would lay on the bed and look and me with those sad brown eyes. It took all I had to not have her jump up with me and get under the covers. She somehow just knew what was expected of her and she never has gotten on the bed since. When we brought Lucas home from the hospital it took a few days for them to get used to the cries and up all night noise. Blu still looks at him and is like "what are you still doing here" and Stan is his protector. He watches him and if he cries or falls over he is right there giving him kisses. It is neat to watch and Lucas is really noticing them now and loves to watch them wrestle outside and come in and out the dogie door.

Going to enjoy the nice weather today! Lucas has a check up today and shots so I hope he is not to crabby! Got a lot done last night staying up late, so we are going to have fun day!

No comments: