Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here we go again!


We got our early x-mas present this week from my day and step mom, a backpack hiker for Lucas. This thing is amazing, we love it. He was not so sure about it when we first put him in it, we had some adjusting of straps and so on, so he was not liking that so much. When we got to the trail and put him in, he had a huge grin on his face. His face said it all,this is so COOL and my dad is awesome! We hiked for at least an hour and a half, I think the trail is three miles. It was gorgeous, it did not seem like we were in Missouri when we got up on the bluffs overlooking the Mermac River. It was breathtaking. When we got down on the river trail a group of people were horseback riding and Lucas got to see his first horse. The people were so nice, they stopped so he could get a good look. Lucas was a trooper yet again, he is such good boy. I cannot say it enough, he just goes with the flow.

It was another awesome weekend with my family. Sometimes I really feel overwhelmed and stressed, but today I just put the worries under the rug and enjoy the beautiful day. Life is too short and I am truly blessed!

Short work week this week...did I tell you all that my boss(who totally rock..luv ya doc:) is taking the whole office to K.C to see Tina Turner..oh yeah. We are taking an R.V on Tuesday at 11, road tripping to KC and then doing some shopping and the concert is on Wed. I am so glad I decided to go, I was almost not going too, but mama needs to have some fun. I am sure there will be some drunken tears over missing my Lucas( oh and you too Billy:}), but I will survive. Watch out K.C , here we come and we are a crazy group.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome that the doc is taking you guys to see Tina Turner! Have fun! I want to hear about it when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I bet Billy get a great workout with that on his back. Hope you all have fun on the trip although I know you will with that group. Take lots of pics.