Thursday, October 2, 2008

What a beautiful day:)


What a beautiful day today! The sky was clear and blue and the temperature was perfect! Just a perfect fall day. I enjoyed my day with Lucas and we spent a lot of time outside. I keep thinking that pretty soon the weather will be cold and yucky and we will be forced to stay inside, so we are making the most of it. We got our early x-mas gift from Pa Pa Terry and grandpa Sherry yesterday, an new backpack hiker and I can't wait to hit the trails on Sunday.


As I am writing tonight I am listening to the debate...wow! This race is so intense and downright scary. I am so worried about this country and where we are headed! I just hope that our economy will bounce back! I say it all the time..."it is scary out there!". I hope that whoever gets into office that there is a change in our future. I think I feel so much more strongly now that I have Lucas and I worry about his future. Anyway..enough about politics, I am sure we are all ready for this to be over.


I was reading Jodie's blog and she was talking about the Oprah yesterday with the mom that left her little girl in the car and she died. She stated that we all need to slow down and that we all try to do so much...and in her case it turned out deadly. I know it put me in perspective, I have had alot of things on my mind the last few days and I almost ran a red light with Lucas in the car today. OMG...I freaked, I think that is why I just forgot about the housework and went outside and SLOWED DOWN! We all get overwhelmed, but we cannot always be perfect and our house doesn't always have to be clean. Enjoy our children..they grow up so fast and these days are priceless!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have an adorable son! nice post. experienes of a new mother described beautifully. keep posting!

Unknown said...

i like......

Anonymous said...

Well said girlfriend...your so wise. He is getting so big, I love that shirt, he looks adorable. Give him a big kiss for me!!