Friday, February 27, 2009

Lucas was the "bad kid" today.

Lucas was a little terror at stroller class this morning. He usually naps on the way to class, but this morning was up and chatting to me the whole way. He usually gets a good 45 minutes because I get there early and let him sleep in the car. This routine usually works out great and he is a happy camper. When we get there I let him run around for a few and hang with the other kids. When I went to put him in the stroller to get situated for class, he was pissed. He cried during the warm up and seemed to settle down when we started moving. He was way more interested in the Mexican janitor with the vacuum cleaner and would have loved to just hang with him all morning. When we stopped for the next segment of class he just cried and was trying to wiggle out of the stroller. There always seems to be a "bad kid" in class every time, but not my sweet, adorable little Lucas. He usually stares at the screamers and is like"what the hell is wrong with you". Not today, he was "that kid" and we left class early and mommy did not get a work out in. Oh well, I feel a sinus infection on the verge and I felt like a nail was being driven into my skull every time I jumped or moved to fast. I picked up a Starbucks on the way out and he was out before we left the parking garage.
One thing on my mind....a little pet peeve of mine. Every time I run and errand and am loading up my car and stroller...etc., somebody always sits and waits for my parking spot. I HATE THIS, I feel such an immense pressure to hurry and rush, and you moms know how long and stressful this can be. So today after out "bad kid" episode at class, I was in know mood for this. Sure enough, somebody was waiting and I took my sweet ass time. My head was pounding and I could give a crap less. I always think this is such a lazy move, save some time and just park your damn car. So if you see a read head in a black SUV moving slow and not caring one bit, its me. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen you are too funny! I have learned that everyone thinks that their time is the most valuable and I have learned that my time is just as valuable and if people need to wait to "get a better parking spot" then they can wait until you are done. I feel the same way usually but I have learned to just go about my business my own way and always remember their time is not any more important than yours!:)

Anonymous said...

Love your comment about the parking spot...and don't think of Lucas as the "bad kid"...he was doing you a favor because he knew you had a headache. He just wasn't able to tell you so he found a way to get you out of class. See he just loves his mommy...ha ha! Hey, it's one way to look at it!