Saturday, January 10, 2009

Keeping it real!

I am turning over a new leaf! I am "keeping in real" from now on. Keeping it real about the things that really matter in life. Not the laundry or keeping the house clean or just keeping up with everyone else. I want to enjoy and love my husband unconditionally and not try to change who he is and try to correct his behavior all the time. I want to let my little boy make a mess and play with him w/o constintly picking up after him. I want to make plans and spend more time with my family and the people that I love the most. I want these things so bad and it will be a struggle at times, but I am going to start living my life for the good things. I just spent two days with my family and cried and grieved for my cousin and I just started thinking about how short and precious life really is. My heart is broken for my cousin and aunt for losing him so young and for the pain that they are going through. I hugged my dad, mom and brother a little tighter when I left and I really am not coping with this very well. It is so hard to see the people you love cry and sob, ecspecially my brother. He is 6ft 5 and a big boy and to see him cry like a baby just broke my heart in two. I don't understand why God took him so early, but I am choosing to learn from his tragic death. Love and cherish those around you and don't take life for granted. Keep in REAL!!!!

We are getting Lucas' one year shoots with Jodie today. Looking so forward to seeing her and having a little fun today. It is kind of gloomy here today, but we will make the most of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said sista...I think we all need a little reminder sometimes and unfortunatley it took something tragic to remind us all that life is too short. Love you!