Monday, January 19, 2009

What a party!

He looks a little shell shocked here. What are all these people doing here!

He looks so tired!
LOTS of gifts! Some really cool stuff.


I absolutley LOVED how his cake turned out. So cute.



Lucas' party was a success and a HOUSE FULL!!!! There had to be like 40 people or more in my house at one time and 20 of them were kids. Luckily the weather was some what warm and the kids were able to go out back and play with the dogs. I was frazzled, stressed and at one point I wanted to get in my car and leave. Lucas did not have a good morning nap and was tired and crabby. He was not to interested in opening gifts and did not get into his cake at all. He was still a little drained from being sick and I think he was a little overwhelmed at all the people and chaos around him. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family that all came out to help celebrate his first birthday. I didn't get to talk to many people, I was running around like a crazy person all afternoon. We still have only had him open half of his gifts. Tomorrow is his actual birthday and we will let him open the rest and have some leftover cake.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Jen!
It was a great party! I know it can seem like more stress than it's worth, but it looked like everyone had a wonderful time! When you look back, you'll realize that it really was worth all the stress and chaos! And Lucas is such a good boy! Happy b-day Lucas! Katie