Thursday, May 14, 2009

A boy and his first home




We played outside this morning and I was able to take some pictures of Lucas in front of the house. I want to make sure when he gets older that he has pictures of the first house he lived in. I have waves of sadness at times about leaving this house. I love everything I have done to it and I know I will love my new house too, it is still hard a times and it still causes me some anxiety. It all happened so fast, I am just now coming to terms with it. Had our St Louis county inspection, that went rather smoothly and only a few minor things to be done. The main thing and a pretty big deal is we have to replace our electrical panel and main power line coming into the house. It was an old line coming into the house from the meter and water has been coming into the panel and has pretty much ruined the whole panel. I can't believe we still have power after looking at it. The crazy thing is that I would have never known. The roofer comes tomorrow and I am hoping just a few minor things with that. The rental house situation is not going to go our way, so we are signing a lease for the apartment this weekend. Anything else....not really, just waiting for Lucas to get up from his nap and we are going for run. Pretty day here after all the storms last night and looking forward to hanging with my boy for the rest of the day. Making yummy old school tacos tonight..cant wait. Kim, I know you are jealous:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made old school tacos this week too! Except for I used hard shells, we always used the soft ones! Lucas looks sooooo big. I cannot wait to see him again.