Saturday, May 16, 2009

Family zoo day


Billy took off early yesterday afternoon and we headed up to the zoo for a couple hours. Lucas LOVED the penguins! He just cracked up when they would dive into the water and make funny noises. The only thing bad about this is that it smells awful in the penguin house and it is freezing. We came home and hung out outside and enjoyed the weather before the storm came in. Imos was ordered and we just chilled. I watched the documentary on Farrah Fawcet and her struggle with cancer. It was so sad and I cried a lot of tears, cancer is such a scary thing. She fought so hard and it just kept coming back. I had a mole taken off a couple of years ago and it came back early melanoma. I go to the dermatologist every three months and the for regular checkups every six months for blood work. It always scares me to think that what if I didn't catch it early or what if I am missing something now. I feel like I am covering all my bases now, but it is still so scary...especially watching Greys Anatomy and seeing what Izzy is going thru.

Waiting for Lucas to take a nap so I can take a shower and get ready for our busy Saturday. We are going to a block party in our new subdivision and to my cousin Kristen graduation party. I am hoping for a long nap so he will be a happy boy for the afternoon and evening.

No comments: