Friday, May 22, 2009

Out of the funk, but paying for it.

Had my moms night out with the Stroller Strides girls and it was a crazy one. We went to a new wine bar and did a wine tasting, which was so awesome. We sampled all kinds of wines and the coolest thing about this place was they had a bunch of wine on tap. You purchase a card, kind of like a debit card and you insert the card and you can get a taste, half glass or full glass of a bunch of different ones. It is kind of nice if you just want to try it, but don't want a whole glass in case you don't like it. Those little samples add up, because this group was pretty toasted. I was a driver, so I slowed down at the end, but that wine will hurt ya. I love MNO because we just talk about everything and you just feel normal being around other moms and hearing there stories and knowing that they all face the same challenges you do. They have the same fears, goals and just problems that you face. It definitely recharges the mind and spirit a lot. I was pretty hungover this am and Billy had to go get me a big coffee and Tylenol, I just ate some greasy fries and I am feeling like a new woman. We have a play date at the zoo with a blogger friend and her little boy Luke. This morning if you would have asked me if I was going to make it today, I would have answered NO, but I am better and ready for the long weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never learn with that wine do ya Jen??? Were you having flash backs of last time Chris visited? Glad you feel better. We need to do another wine tasting...think Becky is up for it? Ha ha!